free hit counters

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dr. Seuss


Today, I was thinking about the lyrics to "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch," and looked them up online. I was struck once again by how amazing they are. Then, I learned that they were written by Dr. Seuss. (If I am wrong, please correct me.) I think that fact has clinched it for me: Dr. Seuss is a genius. Some of the lines in the Grinch song are so inspired that I can't imagine how Dr. Seuss ever thought of them. Consider these lines:

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.

Wow. How on Earth did Dr. Seuss think of those lyrics? Amazing. Dr. Seuss, I salute you.

1 comment:

TaylorM said...

Because Dr. Seuss is awesome. You should see his "adult" stuff. Turns out he's represented by a gallery in Sausalito, by the way...